- My Language Exchange free, many people
- LingoGlobe free, can select skill level, common interests, writing or talking
- Mixxer free, can select a country, in order to practice that country's accent
- Italki free or paid
- SpeakSurfing free or paid, 3-way trade may help if you speak an uncommon language.
- Conversation Exchange free
- Fluent Future free or paid
- Tongue Out free
- Exchange a Language free, few people
- Open Language Exchange €2/month
- Shared Talk free, written, but can arrange voice sessions
- Easy Language Exchange free, no indication whether written or voice
- Teach Speech free, speak with other learners, not native speakers
After you find someone, you email to decide if you can both use Skype, Kakao or other free connection, set a time and start talking. As with any Internet contact, do not trust they are who they say they are. Do not tell them private information, such as when you will be away from home. Take your birth date and other personal information out of your Skype or Kakao profile. Another site has a good discussion of privacy for language learners and teachers.
Besides these well-organized sites, there are forums with long lists of people, not sorted by language, which are not as useful, though if you need a common language, you may find someone who just posted a request: ESL Teachers, Skype community, or Babelan.