I have not received any payment or gifts from any program reviewed here. The reviews are based on the samples free to everyone on the web, and library copies.
The comments and ratings are my personal opinions. I favor courses which can teach good pronunciation to beginners at low cost, and I hope they will help all beginners, especially those in developing countries. If you find any errors, please tell me (Information@Lang1234.com) so I can fix them.
I also cite reviews by Arguelles. He covers some of the biggest publishers, and while he has worked with Dunwoody, his reviews of the others also seem very fair. We do not always agree, since his criterion is learning to read literature, rather than speaking in developing countries, so his opinions complement mine.
I do not receive income from any of the links. There are several Amazon links to show you reviews and availability, but these do not give you or me any special deals. When you choose a product, I encourage you to check for better deals on Addall, Froogle, or your favorite comparison site. Many review sites receive payments if you buy a recommended product; I do not.
PO Box 1320 ,
Shepherdstown, WV 25443 ,
Selected Publications on Education
- "What Do the Other Folk Learn? Social Studies Curricula, by Grade," National Commission on Social Studies in Schools, 1988
- "Different Interpretation of the Data: Most Students Know a Lot," Educational Leadership, Nov. 1989 pdf, Eric EJ398942
- "Math that Adults Need," Journal of College Admissions, Summer 1990
- "You Can Lead Adolescents to a Test, but You Can't Make Them Try," US Congress, Office of Technology Assessment, 1991 Eric ED340772
- "Mean Years of School," paper for UN Development Programme, 1994
- "Wrong 'Correct' Answers: the Scourge of the NAEP," History News Network, June 2011 HNN.US/articles/140129.html
Another site of mine is Globe1234.com, on US Medicare issues